The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) is an international scientific, conservation and educational charity founded in 1826, most famous for owning and running both ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo. Their mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. Catch was tasked with taking forward their digital presence, creating their first responsive site and migrating many years of great content to a new Drupal 7 platform.
Following a full UX initiative which included the production of an interactive prototype, we approached the design phase with a mobile-first methodology that focused on creating an engaging user experience without compromise. Drupal 7 was selected as the CMS framework of choice and we worked closely with the ZSL digital team to ensure that we created an editing experience that would allow them to create fantastic content for their passionate user base.
- Large scale content migration project involving many thousands of news items, blog posts and pages of content
- Server infrastructure planning & implementation to create a high availability site which receives huge peaks in traffic
- Responsive design to provide a great experience for users on all platforms + devices
- Restructured navigation surfacing the wide majority of content and ensuring ZSL can appeal to their diverse target stakeholder groups
- Powerful admin tools allow for the management of 100+ content editors