Catch is a digital experience platform specialist, focused on creating exceptional digital platforms for ambitious organisations including WWF, Sharp, YOTEL, Freeview, University of Salford and more.
About the role
At Catch, our Developers are heavily involved in producing creative solutions for our wide variety of clients. You'll be involved throughout a project lifecycle and beyond, bringing your expertise to bear in collaborative workshops, brainstorming sessions and helping our clients shape their long term ambitions.
They work closely with Project and Product Managers, Experience Design and QA team members to ensure our work is closely aligned with our clients' business needs and platform requirements and to provide the most appropriate solution for both our clients and their users.
Reporting to: Tech Lead
- Experience creating websites with Drupal 9 including custom module development
- Experience creating and consuming Web Services using both SOAP & REST APIs
- Experience in architecting CMS based websites that work for both users and website admins
- Writing clean, testable, reusable and well documented code
- Agile/Scrum methodologies, using project management tools such as JIRA
- Client facing, strong communication skills and a collaborative approach
- Bringing new ideas and techniques to the team
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant etc
- Experience with BitBucket Pipelines, Jenkins etc
- Experience with the Acquia hosting platform and build tools
- Devops skills, including configuring Linux, Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Memcache etc
- Examples of open source contributions on Github, Bitbucket etc
- Experience with Solr / Elastic search
- Knowledge of and interest in other programming languages and technology stacks
Day to Day Duties
- Part of a team of 15+ multidisciplinary development team contributing to open source web projects
- Responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality adhering to Catch's coding standards
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability
- Managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Work closely with internal teams and customers to ensure an effective, visually appealing, functional and intuitive implementation
Please note that only UK-based candidates will be considered for the role.
- 23 days holiday
- Optional nine-day fortnight working pattern
- Flexible working hours and remote working (as well as a lovely studio for when you want to see your colleagues!)
- Bupa cash plan health scheme
- Royal London pension
- Ride to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Annual learning and development budget
- Enhanced Maternity leave policy
What’s the Catch?
To get a glimpse of what daily life is like at Catch, check out our culture video www.catchdigital.com/about-digital-agency-london