Midweight UI Designer
Catch is a digital experience agency focused on creating exceptional digital platforms for ambitious organisations including: Sharp, YOTEL, Freeview, University of Salford, The Body Shop, Red Bull and more.
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled product designer with a strong UI background who has experience in building visually appealing responsive web platforms and feels comfortable leading on strong visual design concepting through to detailed UI component libraries.
You’ll be working as part of the Experience Design team and collaborating with other designers, developers, and project managers in order to define, build, and iterate solutions for our existing global clients and new projects too.
This role requires a level of client engagement and interaction, so clear communication and presentation skills are also essential.
- Your core strengths are in understanding visual design requirements and working with existing brand guidelines to develop a strong UI
- You may also be tasked to develop new visual identities too
- You should also have a great understanding of whats makes a good user experience and be able to contribute ideas and solutions to tricky UX problems
- You must be comfortable producing and working with extensive design systems with reusable components and various element states
- You should have experience working alongside UX Designers and Developers to build a visual design solution that meets both user and tech constraints
- You'll have an expert knowledge of Figma
- You’ll be used to working in a fast paced environment and delivering within deadlines.
- You should be confident working with Accessibility guidelines and good design practice
- You can create, present and justify your design work with clear rationale
- You should be keen to attend and contribute to workshops
- You’re a keen learner always looking to improve yourself and the rest of the Catch team
- 23 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension - Royal London
- Individual training & development budget for you to manage
- Company healthcare cash scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Fresh fruit delivery
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Remote working available - we expect you to be available to visit the office on occasion as required
We have a robust work from home policy in place and are taking advantage of that at present to safeguard the continued health of our team.
As with the rest of the world, we're currently working remotely. We've recently re-opened our central London studio, attendance is on a purely voluntary basis. Lockdown hasn't been a barrier to us growing our team, and we've made a number of hires remotely since the UK-wide lockdown began.
What’s the Catch?
To get a glimpse of what daily life is like at Catch, check out our culture video.