Front End Developer
Catch is digital creative agency based in Central London. We specialise in the design and development of transformative digital products for our clients.
Our strong technical foundation underpins our entire creative process, and development is built in from project inception through to final delivery in a truly collaborative fashion.
We have a wide range of clients including Worldpay, Cancer Research UK, Thomas Cook Airlines and London Zoo.
- Front End Developer based on-site in our Central London office
- 3 years (post-grad) professional Front End Experience
- Integral in the production of new client projects and the smooth running of existing ones
- Part of a multi-disciplined development team, reporting to Tech Director
You’ll be an integral part of the development team and key to the delivery of new projects using the latest front end technologies. You’ll be a team player, but use your initiative where necessary to deliver work on time and on budget. You will also be able to introduce new ideas and thinking to the development team and wider agency, creating opportunities for our clients and pushing Catch's tech credentials.
- HTML5 and accessibility best practice
- CSS, BEM, SASS, LESS, PostCSS etc
- Build tools and dependency management as part of a CI architecture
- Working with back end developers to deliver bespoke interfaces for clients
- Working across systems and frameworks, and writing code that can be rolled out across brand assets
- Writing clean, testable, reusable and documented code
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative approach
- Bringing new ideas and techniques to the team
- Rapid prototyping of ideas, prioritising unknowns and finding work arounds / fallbacks where necessary
- Working within a team of designers and developers and bridging the gap to ensure smooth delivery of website projects
- Maintaining and documenting code to ensure it is reusable, extensible and easy understand for other developers
- Atomic / Component based front end development
- Style guide generators
- Node JS
- Behavioural testing with Behat
- Experience with theming CMS templates, in particular Drupal
Competitive salary dependant on experience.
You’ll get to work in our buzzy Central London studio with great people and plenty of scope to take ownership of the work you produce.
- Flexible working hours
- Company pension - Royal London, 3% contribs matching
- Individual training & development budget for you to manage
- Company healthcare cash scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Daily fresh fruit delivery
- Free beer Fridays
What’s the Catch?
Catch is a digital agency focussed on combining storytelling with innovative technology to unlock value for a diverse set of clients including; Worldpay, The Body Shop, Cancer Research UK, and London Zoo.
To get a glimpse of what daily life is like at Catch, check out our culture video www.catchdigital.com/about-digital-agency-london