Optimising the purchase journey to decrease abandonment and improve conversion
Foundry design creative software technologies that enable clients, like Pixar, Google, and Sony Pictures Imageworks, to turn incredible ideas into reality.
They turned to Catch for help after a website redesign from their incumbent digital agency resulted in their digital revenues dropping -29% YoY, and downloads of product trials decreasing.
Place Foundry’s product offering at the centre of the user experience, helping both prospects and customers explore, increasing conversions for both trials and purchases.
Areas of focus
- Homepage - get users’ journey off to the best start, restructuring the homepage with a focus on product, while keeping brand voice intact
- Surfacing product - building out a new ‘Hub’ content type, allowing users to quickly and easily find products and work out what best meets their needs
- Navigation - to serve a product-first approach a reworked navigation and in-page wayfinding
- Purchase pathway - optimise the purchase journey to decrease abandonment
On-site development teams
We've worked closely with the Foundry - both on-site at their Golden Square office and from the Catch office - bolstering and educating with their internal development teams in developing their new website and on a wide range of additional e-commerce and subscription based functionalities.
We were responsible for;
- Technical leadership + strategy for the new site implementation
- Developing a seamless integration with the Foundry's back office solutions
- The creation of a strong development workflow allowing for fast paced, iterative delivery using Gitflow and continuous integration
- Redevelopment of Foundry’s complex payment pathway and subscription system in Drupal 8
We reviewed the performance of the site’s front end, looking at the configuration of caching layers and the structure of the code to ensure it is optimised for fast in-browser delivery.
To improve the performance of the website, we implemented a CDN, Amazon CloudFront, and undertook an exercise to help their teams optimise their images and video content to ensure they are sized appropriately.
We work with our clients in a variety of ways to deliver our projects and find we work best when we’re considered an extension of their in-house team.
We’ve worked in blended, or co-located teams with several of our clients, including BBC Worldwide, Francis Crick and of course, Foundry.
235%site load speed
Related news and work
Improving conversion rate and driving growth
Using customer insights to prototype a new mobile experience, improving conversion rate and driving growth