Our Drupal team
We're serious about Drupal, and we have over 15 talented Drupal Developers making up one of the most experienced Drupal Development Teams in the UK.
Our in-house Drupal development team in London has vast experience of working with legacy Drupal versions, up to the current Drupal 9.
Upgrading to Drupal 9
Drupal 9 was officially released on the 3rd of June 2020. Drupal 8 end-of-life has been set at November 2021, and Drupal 7 as November 2022 (more info on this here), meaning you need to upgrade by then.
Now is the best time to start preparing for Drupal 9 whether you are on Drupal 7 or 8 - or even on another platform entirely.
While there is over a year to get ready we are starting the process of making sure our clients websites will be ready for Drupal 9 now by auditing the code to make sure the code we have used hasn’t been deprecated since we implemented it. We recommend you do the same.
Already on Drupal 8 but not sure if you’re ready for Drupal 9? We can help, get in touch to talk to us about auditing your current site to make sure you’re Drupal 9 ready.
Read our full article on upgrading to Drupal 9 here.
Headless & Decoupled Drupal
We're experts in headless and decoupled Drupal.
View our presentation on "Reacting Progressively to Decoupled Drupal"
Drupal Show & Tell
We had the largest turnout in recent times for Drupal Show & Tell, so thanks to everyone for coming down and making the event a great success.
Read the full article on Catch hosting Drupal Show & Tell here.
- Drupal is arguably the most flexible open-source CMS available. Designed to be customised, virtually every detail of its interface and its functionality can be changed, or whole new modules written bespoke as required
- Drupal is scalable. Scalability is built into the very fabric of the code. If a site needs expanding to increase functionality such as a full scale forum, multi-language option or an ecommerce shopping cart, core modules do not have to be reprogrammed to incorporate new features.
- Drupal is proven at enterprise level. Some of the most visited and recognisable websites in the world are built on Drupal; The Louvre, The Economist, The White House, Zynga and the UK Government.
- Drupal has a global community. Developer knowledge of Drupal does not end with Catch, there is a vast global community of developers. Whether you are looking for a solution to a problem you have encountered, or are looking for someone to program a custom module for you, help is readily accessible.
- Drupal incurs no license fee. Unlike proprietary content management systems we keep the source code of our solution freely available under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2 (GPL). As such is not subject to signing costly licensing agreements, enabling the sharing of knowledge and furthering the development community.
Enterprise level Drupal
- Friendly URLs - URLs that are both user and search engine friendly, while also being fully customisable.
- Role based permission system - Permissions can be setup for individual users. For example, a super-user can edit each area of the site, but a standard-user is only able edit the news page.
- Searching - All content is fully indexed and searchable at all times as standard, allowing the user the quick access to their desired content. We have developed additional search functionality allowing us to customise the user journey around search to highlight the most important content first.
- Version control - The content management system version control system tracks the details of content updates including who changed it, what was changed, the date and time of changes made to your content and more. Version control features provide an option to keep a comment log and enables you to roll-back content to an earlier version.
- Analysis, Tracking and Statistics - The CMS can produce browser-based reports with information about referrals, content popularity and how visitors navigate your site and works alongside the industry standard Google Analytics to ensure no click goes unreported.
- Logging and Reporting - All important activities and system events are captured in an event log to be reviewed by an administrator at a later time allowing for a full audit trail.
- Data capture - Forms specially designed for collecting data securely store the information within the CMS database, accessible by only those users with permission.
Transforming student living
Making IQ stand out in a competitive sector, increasing leads and improving the conversion rate
Building engagement by putting members in control
Increasing membership value and proposition for the Institute of Physics